Public Access Computers
Public desktop computers are available to library visitors on a first come, first served basis. A library card isn’t needed, but we’d be delighted to give you one so you can check out books, CDs, DVDs and magazines.
2nd floor Reference Dept:
Users wait in line for the next available timed session. Be mindful of the time and save anything needed to an external flash drive as everything is lost once the computer reboots. When your session ends, you may open a new session if no-one’s waiting.
- Three (3) Internet computers with 30 minute sessions
- Two (2) Internet computers with 15 minute sessions
- One (1) Word processing computer without Internet access provides longer sessions for those needing to use Microsoft Office programs (sign up on a clipboard next to the computer)
- VITAL computers: reserved strictly for those with vision impairments. For more info read about our VITAL program
- Research Computer: intended for using the library' subscription to Ancestry.com. Please sign up on the clipboard to enjoy a one hour session.
Please note: work cannot be saved to the Library computers. Please save your work to a flash drive. Flash drives are available for purchase at the Reference Desk. Also, users should be aware that the computers will shut down automatically 5 minutes prior to closing.
1st Floor Children's Department:
Younger patrons may use the computers in the Children’s Dept.’s Homework Center. Signed parental permission is required for youngsters age 12 and below to use the Internet computers. The Library doesn’t filter, and parents are responsible for monitoring their children’s computer use. Please see our Internet Use Policy.
Printing from Library Computers:
The library offers black & white, and color printing from the Print Release Station located on the 2nd Floor. You may print from our computers, or use our wireless printing service to print from your own device. Black & white printing costs 15 cents per page. Color printing costs 40 cents per page. Instructions for wireless printing are available at the library. Scanning and fax services are not available at this time. Please see the Circulation Desk on the 1st Floor for a list of local places that offer scanning and/or fax services.